Simple Ways to Organize for the New Year
1. Don’t worry about the whole house. Just pick 3 areas that people see the most when they come over and organize those areas.
2. Piles of paper everywhere? Attack one pile of paper every other day and make yourself make decisions about what to do with each piece.
3. Every morning when you apply your makeup get rid of 3 items you no longer use.
4. Put a large basket in your closet and every day when you get dressed put 3 items in the basket that you no longer like and/or doesn’t fit. Then you’ll have a nice amount of great clothing to give away to someone who would love to wear them. Encourage your entire family to do this. Do the same thing in your coat closet.
5. Every time you sit down to watch TV in your family room (or where ever you watch TV) take 5 minutes before the show starts to pick up and put away/recycle 10 items.
6. Complete the laundry on the day you do it. This means the clothing is folded, ironed, and put away.
7. When you make a casserole for dinner make 2 of the same dish and freeze one. Every time you put away items from the dishwasher find 5 items in the cupboards that you no longer use or are no longer useful and recycle or give them away.