Are you thinking your glass is half- full or half-empty…or you are asking ‘what glass’?!
I know that it is important to market our business, attend the right networking functions, and just get ‘out there’ so potential clients know about us. But are you feeling that you are doing that but your business is stalled?
Maybe it has nothing to do with what you are doing but more about how you are ‘being’. Are you of the mindset that nothing is working, the economy has tanked, no one has the money to pay for your services, everyone else is busy except you, yada yada yada?
It may be time for a mindshift!
- Get a beautiful journal that you just love to hold. It should have blank or lined pages. I’m serious here! Don’t just go grab some old spiral notebook – treat yourself to something special.
- Every day set an appointment with yourself for 5 minutes to write down in your journal what you are grateful for AND what you have done that day that was a success. If you have a day that you can’t think of a success write down a previous success. But, trust me, every day you are on this earth is a success.
- Make this a glorious habit. Once you get used to doing this you’re going to look forward to this ‘gratitude’ time each day.
- Watch your mindshift start to happen. Your thinking is going to start being more positive and uplifting. And, you’re going to be more uplifting to others in your life.
- It’s impossible to whine when you are being thankful. If during the day you start to focus on all that is bad grab your journal and start reading. Your day will change immediately!
- Stuck on what to do for marketing some day? Read about some past successes in your journal and your mind will open up and give you the best ideas.
- Share your successes with supportive people in your life and ask them to share with you. A whole new dialogue is going to happen.
- Make a decision to follow these steps. It won’t hurt to try!
- Take action by doing this every day even if it means climbing out of bed during the night to do it because you forgot!
- Stay focused during your ‘gratitude’ time and don’t stop until you’ve written all that you are thankful for and at least one success.