How is this working from home thing doing for you? Since it’s been going on for quite a few months I’m sure you’ve figured out ways to get your work done plus connect with the household. But maybe it’s time for a refresher.
For the past 20 years I’ve worked out of my home and I’ve figured out a few things.
*It’s very tempting to look at home tasks and do them rather than the work you need to do. Use my BIC method. Keep your butt in chair!
* Stick to a schedule. Even if you schedule 30-minute segments at your desk. Stick to it.
* Have fun. Reward yourself when you’ve accomplished a big task. You decide what your reward can be!
* Make a schedule for household tasks. Stick to that.
* Have two monitors. This may seem out of sync with the rest of my tips, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much time you’ll save with 2 monitors. I do my work on one and keep accompanying material on the other monitor. No more switching back and forth on one monitor.
* This may seem silly but is your printer nearby? Or are you crossing the room or maybe even into another room to get your printed material. Move it close to you. I’m amazed at how many people spend time walking to and from their printer when they could just move it closer!
If you’ve noticed I have several ‘stick to that’. That’s because there is so much going on outside your home office it’s easy to get sidetracked.
Use the BIC method and let me know how it goes!
Elizabeth’s Coaching Request:
- Take a new look at your home office? Is it productive or is it time to change a few things?
I work with women entrepreneurs who want to grow their business with grace so they can confidently attract the clients they are meant to serve without anxiety or overwhelm.
I’d be honored to speak with you, listen to you, give you a few tips, and share with you about my brand-new coaching experience.
Click hereto make an appointment!