1. Have good luggage. Is the luggage you have a wedding present from 25 years ago. It’s time to upgrade! I invested in some great luggage and it has paid for itself over and over. Don’t forget luggage tags.
2. Purchase a great makeup bag or whatever it’s called for men. Mine has lots of zippered compartments and then folds up.
3. If you travel a lot get doubles of everything – makeup, shampoo, lotion, etc. Then, when it’s time for a trip, grab your makeup bag and you’re off!
4. Use a travel checklist. Not only go over it when you pack but put it in your suitcase and check it again when you leave your hotel so you don’t forget anything.
5. Give yourself enough time to pack. Most mistakes are made when you are hurrying. That’s always the time you forget the cell phone or laptop charger!!
6. Purchase a compact fold-up travel alarm clock. If the hotel just messes up once with your wake-up call you’ll understand why I take my own clock!
7. Take less. I should do this myself! I always over pack.