I had no idea when I started my business in 2000 the courage I would need to build to stay an entrepreneur.
Being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart.
It sounds so exciting to start your own business.
And it is. But I don’t think anyone can prepare you for the high ‘highs’ and the low ‘lows’. And these definitely happen.
If being an entrepreneur meant every day someone was calling saying ‘let me hire you, let me hire you’ I would not be writing this article. There are days like that but they can be few and far between.
Trust me, even the most successful have the low days. I believe what keeps us going is our commitment that what we do makes a better life for someone else. We cannot let our fears, negative beliefs, and non-supportive people stop us. We just can’t. We need to have confidence in our self and what we do and we need to build our courage muscles on a daily basis.
Ways to build your entrepreneurial courage muscles:
- Always surround yourself with supportive people – and I mean always.
- Trust the process and work the plan. DO NOT go by how you feel on a daily basis.
- Stop hoping for people to miraculously find you and call you. Do 3 baby business development steps every day.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Actually, being in your comfort zone is not comfortable at all. Pretty boring there.
- Hire a coach as it is her/his job to walk with you through and out of your fears. Check out my brand new Project Protégé Program if you’re looking to be a part of a wonderful community of women entrepreneurs.
- Track your money every day. Stop wondering and guessing about your profit and loss statement. Get on Quick Books and set it up correctly.
- On a down day remember ‘this too shall pass’.
- Have a marketing plan in place that you look at every day. From this plan you will pull your business development steps to take action on daily.
- Pay yourself every week even if it the amount is minimal.
- Believe in yourself. You started this business with a dream. Reconnect with that dream.
- Pray for wisdom..
The biggest difference between entrepreneurs who make it and those who don’t is their confidence. Build you confidence by building your courage.
I will act now…success will not wait. If I delay, success will be wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am that person. ~~Og Mandiino
Now is your time. 2012 IS YOUR YEAR.