|Elizabeth Hagen, CPO|
|If you're a determined professional organizer who wants support, is ready to take focused action, and wants to reach for the sky in your organizing business - welcome!!
I'm Elizabeth Hagen and I'm here to help. I've put together the best tips/tools/advice that I've used to grow and maintain a six-figure organizing business and I want to share them with you!
Every month I'll be sending you a quick tip for you to implement immediately. It's all about making a decision, taking action, and staying focused!
I can't wait to hear about your success!
|Issue: # 16
You are receiving this e-mail because you are in my database as a professional organizer. If this does not interest you (you're not an organizer, you don't want any tips, etc.) PLEASE go immediately to the end of this newsletter and unsubscribe!
Welcome to the sixteenth issue of my monthly tip newsletter just for professional organizers. Each month you'll be receiving a short, easy-to-implement, and very valuable tip to help you grow your professional organizing business.
I'll also give you an assignment and where to find the tools you need for the task.
If this sounds valuable to you then I'm looking forward to helping you reach for the sky in your organizing business!
September "Build Your Organizing Business" Tip:
Plan your 'Get Organized for the Holidays' workshop now!
I know - the kids have just gone back to school but now is the time to plan ahead on how you can help your wonderful choice clients get organized for the holidays.
People get stressed out and overwhelmed just thinking about the holidays. They start going crazy when the time gets close! They need your help - desperately.
The easiest way to help a large number of people is to host a workshop. You need to start thinking about this now as the workshop should be held near the end of October/the beginning of November at the latest.
This is a very fun workshop to give - the information is most likely different than you usually talk about and your attendees are so excited knowing that help is finally here for them!
9 Steps to your workshop:
- Look for a place to hold your workshop. What about your place of worship, library, coffee shop meeting room, board room in an office center, or an all purpose room of a preschool? Think outside the box here. Make a list of ideas and stop in or call and ask if you may use their room. They are usually very happy to let you as you are promoting their place of business to your client list.
- Pick a date and time. Maybe you want to hold one at noon and one at 7 PM on the same day. This way you cover people who work odd shifts. Doing this is not that much extra work as you can probably leave your items set up.
- Mind map your presentation. Take a piece of white paper and draw a 3" circle in the middle and put the title of your presentation in the circle. Now think of what are the 3 main points for your talk. Perhaps you want to talk about Decorations, Scheduling, and Holiday Party Planning. Or maybe you want to talk about Giving during the Holidays, Keeping Things Simple, and Holiday Shopping. It is totally up to you. What excites you to talk about? Draw 3 lines out from the circle and label those your main points. As you prepare your presentation draw 'baby' lines out from the main points for your other talking points on that subject.
- Start promoting your workshop. Design a simple flyer and bring them to local businesses that you frequent and ask if they will post your flyers. Tell your newsletter subscribers about your workshop, tell your friends and family, etc.
- Work some more on your presentation and think about what you want to use for 'show and tells'. Audiences love seeing what you are talking about!
- Have a story and an audience activity for each main point. Think about fun family or tradition stories that happened to you over the holidays. Think about how you can get the audience involved. Do you want them to fill out a blank calendar for the month of December and have them fill in all that they are planning on doing? When they do this theymay see that all the activities they are planning are totally unrealistic!
- Keep promoting your workshop. Even though this is a free workshop you still want to keep track of registrations. Do you want them to e-mail you, call you, register online, etc?
- Decide on your door prizes and what you want to promote at your workshop. Think about what fun, inexpensive items do you use around the holidays that you can give as door prizes. 2-3 door prizes is fine. What service do you want to promote? Do you want to offer a 'holiday organizing special'? Or maybe a 'New Year - New You' special? At your workshop is the perfect time for someone to decide that 'you are the one' to help them. They see that you are the expert, they appreciate what you shared, and they are going to love you!
- Give your workshop. You're going to have a blast and you will get some great new clients!
Elizabeth's Recommended Tools:
- Make a decision to have a 'Get Organized for the Holidays' workshop. Do not second guess yourself - you can do this.
- Take action and find a place for your workshop and set a date.
- Stay focused by following the above steps in order. You are going to be fabulous!
- Microsoft Publisher to design your flyer and your 'today's special' promo piece
- Eventbrite.com - easy, free online program to promote your workshop and handle registrations
- Picture of acrylic holder so you can post your flyers in businesses
Join me on Wednesday, September 2 for an unforgettable teleclass with Mark LeBlanc
| , I've had a blast building my business for the past 9 years and have learned SO much. I've learned what works and what doesn't work.
The most important thing I learned was not to try and build my business alone. It's not fun, it's lonely, and it doesn't work.
This fall I'm rolling out a one-of-a-kind coaching program designed with you in mind. Yes, I can help with marketing strategies, ways to attract your choice clients, etc. but the real need, in my opinion, is to help you with what's going on inside.
Your self confidence.
I want to give you the essential and easy steps to create the confidence you need to build a viable, high-income producing business. Not only the steps but continued support so you will never feel alone and the accountability you need to stay on track with your business-growth action plan.
, I'm going to roll out this brand new program on September 2 by hosting the wonderful Mark LeBlanc, author of Growing Your Business! for a teleclass. You do not want to miss this call! Mark will be sharing two specific strategies that can immediately create a
turning point in your success. In addition, he will include insights and ideas
for navigating these times with a high degree of clarity and focus.
Strategy #1: How to put more money in your
Strategy #2: How to close a
prospect when he or she is undecided
Our call is on Wednesday, September 2 for one hour at noon ET/11 AM Central/10 AM Mountain/9 am Pacific and you can register for this free teleclass by clicking here.
Mark has offered his book in an eBook version and you can get your free electronic version of
Business! by clicking here.
, thanks for taking the time to read the 'Build Your Organizing Business' Tip and I'm excited to help you grow your business. Of course we want to grow our business and make more money but let's not forget - the busier we are the more people we get to help. And the more happy clients we have the more they will tell others!