|Elizabeth Hagen, CPO|
|If you're a determined professional organizer who wants support, is ready to take focused action, and wants to reach for the sky in your organizing business - welcome!!
I'm Elizabeth Hagen and I'm here to help. I've put together the best tips/tools/advice that I've used to grow and maintain a six-figure organizing business and I want to share them with you!
Every month I'll be sending you a quick tip for you to implement immediately. It's all about making a decision, taking action, and staying focused!
I can't wait to hear about your success!
You are receiving this e-mail because you are in my database as a professional organizer. If this does not interest you (you're not an organizer, you don't want any tips, etc.) PLEASE go immediately to the end of this newsletter and unsubscribe!
Welcome to the tenth issue of my monthly tip newsletter just for professional organizers. Each month you'll be receiving a short, easy-to-implement, and very valuable tip to help you grow your professional organizing business.
I'll also give you an assignment and where to find the tools you need for the task.
If this sounds valuable to you then I'm looking forward to helping you reach for the sky in your organizing business!
Special Note: I'm going to be speaking for the NAPO-San Antonio, TX chapter on April 1 on Attracting Your Choice Clients (contact Cynthia Cunningham at email@example.com for more info) and then on April 2 I'll be presenting a 2-hour workshop on Speak Now and Forever Get New Clients. If you live anywhere near San Antonio I would love to see you at my workshop. Find out more here.
February "Build Your Organizing Business" Tip:
Stop fooling around and set up your free workshop!
If you know me at all you know I'm all about giving free workshops which WILL get you clients!
So, it's time to stop fooling around if you haven't done this and get started. Here is exactly what to do and in the right order:
- Look around for places to hold the workshop. Is there a coffee shop/restaurant with a meeting room, do you know someone in a big office building with a meeting room, will a hotel give you a good price because you'll be promoting their location, etc?
- Once you find the place set a date and time. I've found that evenings work best starting at either 6:30 PM or 7:00 PM. If your choice clients are stay-at-home moms you could try a morning but then they need to find child care.
- Design a rough draft of your presentation (very rough) and then start promoting. Make up a simple flyer with the title of the workshop, short synopsis, short bio about you, and the date/time/place and how to register. Ask places that you shop if they would post the flyers for you. Promote to your database and clients. Let your community calendars know about your free workshop.
- Now, you can start working on your presentation. I do it in this order because now that you've started promoting your workshop you have to show up and you'd better have something to say! If I told you to prepare your presentation first you could work on it for years.
- Decide what you want to promote. If you're looking for 1:1 clients then have a special that night that you offer the audience. Perhaps 4 hours for the price of 3, or 2 free maintenance hours with a package, etc. Have a separate flyer with your special that you'll talk about and hand out at the end of your presentation.
- Design your handout. Simple is best but make sure your contact info is on the handout.
Practice your speech but know
that it will never be perfect. They will love you anyway because
people are desperate for our information.
- Pick out a few door prizes to give away. Nothing expensive - just a few things that you like using in your own life. You can also give away promotional items. I'm interviewing Rosalie Marcus, the Promo Biz Coach, on March 18 at 7 PM ET on how to use promotional items to get more business and connect with your desired clients. This is a free teleclass and you can register here.
- Show up and give a great talk, promote your services, and collect their contact information with your door prize form.
- Follow up, follow up. Send an e-mail the next day thanking them for attending your workshop. Follow up a week later with a cool organizing tip and of course a promotion for your services.
- This works but you have to try it - and try it more than once! More and more people will hear about you, more will attend your workshops, your name will be getting out into the community, and your business will grow!
- Make a decision to have a free workshop in the next 6 weeks.
- Take action and follow these steps I've given you in order.
- Stay focused on one step at a time. Don't worry about the steps ahead of you - do one thing at a time.
- You will get results.
Elizabeth's Recommended Tools:
My interview with Rosalie Marcus on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at
7 PM ET (No worries if you can't make it. If you're registered you'll get the downloadable recording) - Register here
The Speak Now and Forever Get New Clients Home Study Program gives you everything you need to start attracting your choice clients...easily. Includes lots of great forms/templates including a great workshop flyer, a flyer to hand out at the workshop to promote your services, and a door prize form. Everything you need! Find out more here.
This is your time to join the Fearless Organizing Professional VIP Circle!
Imagine, a safe place to come to share concerns, successes, obstacles,
and goals with not only myself, a six-figure professional organizer,
but other fantastic organizers.
Your membership in the Fearless Organizing Professional VIP Circle includes:
There are many membership groups out there but this is one is JUST for professional organizers just like you. This is a very special group and we want you!
- An hour-long monthly telegathering
- Special VIP Circle website
- Weekly online Victory Journal
- Forms and templates to help run your business
- Private online access community forum
- Every other month teaching call or an interview with an expert
- My priceless Rolodex
- Special gifts!
Thanks for taking the time to read the 'Build Your Organizing Business' Tip and I'm excited to help you grow your business. Of course we want to grow our business and make more money but let's not forget - the busier we are the more people we get to help. And the more happy clients we have the more they will tell others!