Do you ever feel taken advantage of in your business?
Do you show up to work with a client and she's forgotten your appointment...again?
Do you wait to get paid?
Then it's time for you to set your business policies - or as I call them - boundaries.
Perhaps you hear the word 'boundary' and think of a fence or a limitation. It's just the opposite. When you set boundaries in your business you actually create more freedom to do the work that you were placed on this earth to do.
When you are clear on your business policies your clients appreciate your clarity and then you become a good role model for them to create boundaries as well.
What are your policies or boundaries around:
Here is the million-dollar phrase that pays
- Office hours
- After-hour calls and e-mails
- Driving distance before charging for travel
- Session length
- Pro-bono presentations and/or consultations
: My business policy is.... There is no disagreement or issue with a policy.
- My business policy is to take a 50% nonrefundable deposit to hold the appointment date for you.
- My business policy is that I take client calls on Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays.
- My business policy is that I work with clients between 9 am and 3 pm.
- My business policy is to return all calls within 24 hours.
It's time to get firm and clear, .Elizabeth's Assignments: