|Elizabeth Hagen, CPO|
|If you're a determined professional organizer who wants support, is ready to take focused action, and wants to reach for the sky in your organizing business - welcome!!
I'm Elizabeth Hagen and I'm here to help. I've put together the best tips/tools/advice that I've used to grow and maintain a six-figure organizing business and I want to share them with you!
Every month I'll be sending you a quick tip for you to implement immediately. It's all about making a decision, taking action, and staying focused!
I can't wait to hear about your success!
You are receiving this e-mail because you are in my database as a professional organizer. If this does not interest you (you're not an organizer, you don't want any tips, etc.) PLEASE go immediately to the end of this newsletter and unsubscribe!
Welcome to the third issue of my brand new monthly tip newsletter just for professional organizers. Each month you'll be receiving a short, easy-to-implement, and very valuable tip to help you grow your professional organizing business.
I'll also give you an assignment and where to find the tools you need for the task.
If this sounds valuable to you then I'm looking forward to helping you reach for the sky in your organizing business!
August "Build Your Organizing Business" Tip:
It's All About Building Your List!
I'm assuming you have a newsletter!
In my first issue of this newsletter I talked about the importance of having a monthly newsletter (if you didn't get it I'd be happy to forward you a copy - just let me know)
. There are many reasons to have a newsletter but the key reason is it makes it so easy to stay in touch with clients and prospective clients.
So, assuming you have a newsletter I want to give you the 7 Steps to Build Your List When You Speak. I learned this method from Kendall SummerHawk.
If you know me at all you know I'm all about getting out there and speaking. This is key on so many levels. When you're speaking you make it SO easy for prospective clients to find you and you make it SO easy to build your list.
7 Steps to Build Your List When You Speak:
- Write a 3-page free report or a one-page tip sheet. It can be on any information that your audience can't live without. You perfectionists that are reading this - DO NOT make this so hard!
- Hand it off to a graphic person to make it pretty and available on a web link.
- At the presentation give everybody a 3x5 card in their handout packet or on their chair.
- Halfway through your presentation at an appropriate time ask "Who would like this report/tips sheet on 'xyz' (while you say this hold up a copy and raise your hand). You'll see the whole group raise their hand! Then say "I'd like to give it to you absolutely free! All you have to do is write your name and e-mail on the index card or take your business card and write 'free' on it. Not only will I e-mail you this fabulous report but you will also get a subscription to my great monthly newsletter with tips on 'abc'. I think you're going to love it but, of course, you can unsubscribe at any time."
Voila! You just got 95% of the audience to subscribe to your newsletter and you're giving them valuable information.
When you get back to your office send them an e-mail thanking them for attending your presentation, etc. and then give them the link for the free report/tips sheet.
Subscribe them to your newsletter.
Check in with this group two weeks later and they'll be amazed at your follow-up!
- Make a decision to start having a newsletter if you don't already do so and write your report/tips sheet.
- Follow the steps I gave you in order during your next presentation.
- Take action and really do these steps.Trust me - they work!
- Stay focused on building your list. Everyone you talk to is a candidate for your newsletter. Ask them if they'd like to get it and then subscribe them yourself. The chances of them remembering to sign up when they get back to their computer is slim to none.
Elizabeth's Recommended Tools
Constant Contact for my newsletter
ACT! by Sage 2007 to keep track of my contacts
Leslee Beldotti, email@example.com, my graphic/web person who makes everything beautiful!
Thanks for taking the time to read the 'Build Your Organizing Business' Tip and I'm excited to help you grow your business. Of course we want to grow our business and make more money but let's not forget - the busier we are the more people we get to help. And the more happy clients we have the more they will tell others!
|Am I coming to your area!|
|On Saturday, September 20, 2008 in San Francisco, CA and on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 in San Diego, CA I'll be presenting my "Build Your Six-Figure Organizing Business" workshop. You do not want to miss this opportunity!|
Give me 3 hours and I'll show you how to turn your professional organizing business into a client-attraction, money-making machine!
This is not for the faint hearted. My sole purpose in those 3 hours is to share with you how I built and then maintain a six-figure business (with no employees). I'll hold nothing back and you'll walk away with ideas, systems, and an action plan to start right away.
This workshop is only for those professional organizers who are willing to stop talking and start taking action.
There are two workshops each day and only 7 organizers in each session so don't wait to register!
Click here for information about the San Francisco workshop
Click here for information about the San Diego workshop