|Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. ~Hans Hoffman
Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.
for a Speaker?
you are part of an organization or association that is looking for a
professional speaker, please contact me. I'd love to explore the possibility of speaking for your group.
Now booking for 2010!
Check out my presentations here
December 2009 Newsletter
"10 Simple Ways to Organize
During the Holidays"
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I just love turkey and all the goodies that go with it!
The 'kid's' table at Thanksgiving - Kacie, Micah, and Korra
With my parents on Thanksgiving. My parents are both 85 years young and I think they look terrific!
It is impossible to believe that December is here with all the great times that go with it. I would encourage you to be very picky about what you do in December so you can really enjoy your time with family and friends and leave the stress behind.
In today's article I'm going to give you some simple ways to keep organizing during December which will help you feel better about everything you do this month!
10 Simple Ways to Organize During the Holidays
10 simple ways to organize in December - it really can't get any easier and it's all about taking action and getting things out of your life that are no longer useful, you don't find them beautiful, and you don't love them anymore!
- Don't worry about the whole house. There are too many other fun things to do in December. Just pick 3 areas that people see the most when they come over and organize those areas.
- As you take out your decorations don't put broken items back in the box. Take the time to really go through and recycle/throw what is broke and give away what you no longer like and don't use.
- Piles of paper everywhere? Attack one pile of paper every other day and make yourself make decisions about what to do with each piece. Click here for a great article on how to put together a Command Center that will give all of your 'action' papers a home.
- Every morning when you apply your makeup get rid of 3 items you no longer use.
- Put a large basket in your closet and every day when you get dressed put 3 items in the basket that you no longer like and/or doesn't fit. By December 20 you'll have a nice amount of great clothing to give away to someone who would love to wear them. Encourage your entire family to do this. Do the same thing in your coat closet.
- Every time you sit down to watch TV in your family room (or where ever you watch TV) take 5 minutes before the show starts to pick up and put away/recycle 10 items.
- Complete the laundry on the day you do it. This means the clothing is folded, ironed, and put away.
- When you make a casserole for dinner make 2 of the same dish and freeze one. You'll love having these ready-made meals over Christmas break.
- Every time you put away items from the dishwasher find 5 items in the cupboards that you no longer use or are no longer useful and recycle or give them away.
- Right before you go to bed walk through the house and put 3 things away.
I want to wish you a happy, joyous Merry Christmas from my family to yours!
, I'd love to hear from you and the easiest way to do this is to comment on my blog. I just made it a lot easier to receive my blog posts. Go to my blog at www.elizabethhagenspeaks.com and click on the top right button that says "Get my blog posts delivered via e-mail" and they will come right to your inbox!
Fun Idea: Click here to make your own
Holiday Gift Tags
Enjoy everything you do this month and give extra hugs to those you love!
~Have a fabulous December~
30 Ideas in 60 Minutes to Grow Your Business in December -
Join me for this one-of-a-kind teleclass
Friday, December 4 - 1 PM to 2:30 PM EST
I was thinking the other day about how many entrepreneurs think that December is
the month to chill with their business - big mistake!
I started making a list of easy ideas any
entrepreneur could do in December to grow their business and get it ramped up
for January. Within minutes I had 30 ideas. As I was looking over the list I
thought to myself "I need to share these and share them quickly!"
Imagine starting out in January with appointments in your
calendar, clients calling you, and you are on such a roll that no one and
nothing will stop you!
In this teleclass you will learn:
There are only 4 more days until this
one-of-a-kind teleclass so I'm going to keep this short. Decide which package
you want and register today! There are no worries if you can't make the class
'live' as the class is recorded and you will get the link for the recording
right after the class. The first 60 minutes I'll give you the 30 ideas and the
last 1/2 hour you can ask me any questions you'd like on how to apply these
ideas to your business.
- Your new mantra
- How to use the library of books you already have
- How to create your ideal week and start having more time
- Two books you must read to change your business
- What to do with your database
- The best way to follow-up
- New Year promotion ideas that work
- How to use the Storm Starter Strategy - this one strategy changed my
business in a matter of days
- And 22 more ideas!
the teleclass, handout, and downloadable recording
Register here for the $27 package
the teleclass, handout, downloadable recording, audio CD of the teleclass sent
to you in the mail, and a transcript of the class
When you choose the $37 package you receive a
Christmas present from me! I
want to give you a journal I designed that will remind you everyday of what a
unique, wonderful person you are!
Register here for the $37 teleclass
package and my gift to you!