This is a difficult article for me to write because I do not take enough personal time and I know this! But after having some great ‘down’ time in Texas I realized how important it is to have time to just chill and relax.
I’m going to share exactly how I’m going to start having more personal time in my life and you can do it right along with me!
Here are the simple steps:
- Realize that having personal time is important and that you deserve it. This may be the hardest step of all so stop for a minute and tell yourself that you are extremely worthwhile and that you know that if you take time for yourself you will be a better person in everything else that you do.
- Make a list of things you like to do but don’t take time to do. For example: Reading a fun book, taking a nap, going for a walk, treating yourself to a manicure, pedicure, or massage, going to a movie in the middle of the day (I love this and Cynthia and I did this in San Antonio!), calling up a good friend, etc. You get the idea.
- Go to your calendar and pick out at least one time in each of the next 4 weeks that you’re going to do something fun for you. Go ahead and pick more times if you’d like but at least one.
- Look at your list of fun things and decide what you want to do during your ‘personal time’ appointments. Of course you can be spontaneous but if you’re like me and a ‘schedule nut’ you may want to decide ahead of time what you want to do.
- On those ‘personal time’ appointments nothing must get in your way. This is your time and you must keep it.
- Watch how you feel after your personal time appointments. You’re going to feel relaxed, happier, more content, and have a lot more energy.
E-mail me after your first appointment and let me know how it goes and what you did. I can’t wait to hear!
If you’re thinking that you need to get organized first before you can have any personal time – stop! Do the above six steps and start having your personal time but then you’ll definitely want to start the organizing process which will give you more time.
I give my signature presentation “Organize with Confidence” all over the country and I really emphasize that getting organized starts with you. And when you are organized you will have more time for yourself – guaranteed! You can attend this presentation via the wonders of technology by purchasing the “Organize with Confidence” teleclass downloadable recording. Read more about the teleclass below and how to order. You will walk away from this teleclass ready to conquer anything!
“Organize with Confidence: Simplify Your Life and Make Every Moment Count” Teleclass Recording
In March I gave my “Organize with Confidence” teleclass that was a huge success. You may have missed the ‘live’ teleclass but you can still take advantage of this life-changing information by purchasing the downloadable recording.
You can stop disorder from stopping you! It’s time to make your life easier.
- Find yourself being overwhelmed by all the clutter?
- Find yourself putting things here ?just for now? because you don’t know what else to do?
- Wish you had a plan each day so you could feel like you got something important done by the end of the day?
Face it; disorganization can be a disaster – both personally and professionally. Clutter complicates our lives and costs time, money, and self-esteem.
With the ‘Organize with Confidence’ teleclass you will:
- Discover the easy method to get organized
- Prioritize your day in less than 60 seconds
- Learn the 5 simple decisions to tame the paper piles once and for all
- Overcome the fears of perfectionism, procrastination, and multi-tasking and start doing things you’ve never dreamed possible!
- Discover confidence in order!
You will leave this teleclass with a fresh perspective supported by a specific, personalized action plan to get organized and see your self-worth increase, one step at a time.
This is your chance to hear my signature presentation and become more focused, more productive, and more confident…every day!
Fee: Only $29