Recently Abby saw Ashley and Addilynn on a walk. Addi was busy mowing the sidewalk with her play lawn mower!
Abby stopped to visit but Addilynn was all about the mowing – she was totally focused on the task at hand. But she stopped when she came upon an obstacle in her path.
She had some choices:
- Stay stuck in this spot
- Retreat and go back
- Mow over it
- Pick it up and get it of the way
- Leave it alone and go around
After contemplating her options for about 2 minutes she chose to go around it.
What do you do when faced with obstacles in growing your business? Do you let them stop you or do you consider the options and move forward anyway?
Too often we go back the way we came or we stay stuck.
- She said ‘no’ last year when I spoke with her on the phone about my services so I won’t call her again this year.
- I tried a direct mail piece and didn’t get any clients so this marketing strategy does not work.
- I gave a presentation but I felt bad ‘vibes’ from the group so I won’t be doing that again.
- I went to that networking group 5 times and didn’t get any referrals – must be a bad group.
What if, instead of letting the obstacles win, you went around them and kept going? Your clients need you. Your job is to stay focused on what you want and keep moving forward.
Addi’s job was to mow that sidewalk and nothing was going to stop her!