Every morning at 6:10 am I attend what I consider to be a loving but kick-in-the-backside gym called Kosama. The classes are instructor led and they have various tools they use to work us out for the grueling 50 minutes.
Without the tools or instructors nothing would happen. No changes would be made in my life.
There are many tools you need to run a successful business. I’m covering some of them in these 2016 Success Action Steps.
But, the most important tool you need you can’t see. It’s your mindset. What are you doing to strengthen your belief in yourself and what you offer to others?
It starts with facing the big bad monster of FEAR. All those thoughts you have as you work to grow your business every day.
- I can’t call her. She probably doesn’t have the money to hire me.
- Speak in front of a group? Are you kidding? They already know all I have to say.
- I guess I won’t go to that networking event after all. I don’t know who I would talk to.
- Giving a teleclass sounds like a great idea. But, how would I even go about doing it?
- I should really be using a contact database system. But, I’m not very good with the computer. I’ll just keep throwing business cards I get in the drawer.
- There’s no need to go out and meet prospects face to face. I’ll just spend a lot of time posting on Facebook and Twitter.
- And so on….and so on….
I saw a video with Christie Love, of LeadHer.org called “Overcoming Your Fears” and she gave a great acronym for FEAR:
What if you would stop accepting the excuses your fears give you? What if you would face the imagined fears in your mind and do it anyway? What would happen?
What are you waiting for?!
Matthew 6:34 The Message
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
What peace this brings. He is always there to help us with everything. Embrace this truth today.